Monday, December 17, 2007

Successful completion of Week 3: Couch to 5k

This morning (at a dark and chilly 6:15am) I completed my last run of Week 3. (I'm doing the 9 week Couch to 5k program, described previously here.) Only one day behind schedule. Not bad, considering. If I do my 3 runs of Week 4 by Sunday, I will be back on track. So far I've really been enjoying the runs, which have been pretty easy. I feel tempted to push it more than the program calls for, but have been resisting the urge. I'm trying to focus on building the habit of running 3 mornings a week, and trusting the program to train me to run slowly and gradually. So far so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Good for you, Laurel. Just a thought: maybe we could enter a walk-run marathon when I retire and run for a good cause like Cheri and Joss did when they did a marathon for breast cancer. What do you think?