Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Decorating

The purchase of a new decoration for Christmas, the white snowman toward the right of this picture (see detail below), inspired me to decorate the mantle of our family room. I collected my white candles, and my one primarily-white Santa figurine, and added a fresh garland and some pinecones (from Big Bear). Here is the result. I like the way it turned out! It looks especially appealing at night when the candles and fireplace are going.
Here's the snowman up close. We got him at Ah Sam's, where we went with my Mom and Dad last weekend to show the kids the holiday decorations. He is holding a sign that says "Peace."

And this Santa figurine (a gift from Susan) fits in perfectly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I've always been a fan of bringing the outdoors, indoors -- fresh greenery, pine cones, and holly berries, along with candles have always been my favorite. Love, Mom