Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Maggie arrived today!

It has been a very happy day today for our family! Andrea and Craig welcomed a new baby girl into the family. She is absolutely adorable. Her name is Marguerite, or Maggie for short. (My middle name is Marguerite, and I am quite proud and pleased to have such a special connection to my new niece. )

I was very lucky to have been in the hospital when she was born, and so I got to meet her when she was less than a half an hour old. She weighs only 5 pounds, 13 ounces, which is really quite small. Very very small. She is perfect and completely adorable. Big blue eyes.

Andrea is doing very well. I spoke to her again this evening over the phone and she sounded in great spirits. She's floating on cloud nine.

I am also very proud to report that I was the first to change little Maggie's diaper, which was a messy, sticky treat. (Actually it wasn't technically a diaper change, since she wasn't even wearing a diaper, she was that new. So I cleaned her up and put on her very first diaper. The first diaper of a nearly continuous string for 3 or so years...!) Those tiny little arms and legs were flailing about, and she didn't like it one bit. Those newborn diapers are sure tiny. And believe it or not, it seemed big on little Maggie. How quickly we know she will grow.

I feel very privileged to be part of this special day for Maggie, Andrea and Craig. Congratulations to them, and a very warm welcome to Maggie!

1 comment:

Holman Girls said...

Give Andrea a big hug for me! That is so exciting.