Friday, May 30, 2008

Social Media in Plain English

I've been having lots of conversations lately with people about Social Media. Outside of the 20-something crowd, Social Media still seems like a bit of a mystery. This video (from the same people who did the Twitter video I shared a month ago), explains it in a completely new way.

As part of my job I am working on how to better take advantage of Social Media for the benefit of my company. But on my own behalf, I've found this trend to be quite useful and fascinating.

Enjoy this short video. I'd love to hear what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like an exciting way to find out what the customer likes and dislikes. Just gotta be aware of the minority -- and not let the majority overtake the market -- in other words let there still be little niches for those that feel differently. An intriguing idea! Mom

Readersraisinghell said...

I like being able to look for my product rather than being assaulted by ads! I HATE having to dig through all the ads in the newspaper, for example - or in my mailbox! I don't even look at them, I simply toss them out. When I am interested in making a purchase (for example, of a book) I seek out reviews to help me decide it it's really what I want. It's a version of "don't call me, I'll call you!" and I'm very comfortable living with it! I'm not sure how it can work with a business, or again how one can "consider the source" - but it's got to have at least some more reliable sources than advertising!