Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dinner party for Andrea and Craig

Once again I find myself a bit behind in my blogging. Two weeks ago, on Sunday May 4th, we threw a dinner party for Andrea and Craig, in honor of the upcoming arrival of baby #3, Maggie. If I do say so myself, it was a huge success! I know I had fun, at least!

Here are Andrea and Craig, our honorees:

I cleared out the living room so that I could fit two big round rented tables for dinner. I had the party catered, my first experiment with catering (it was heavenly!) Here we are at dinner:


Our special project during the evening was to compile a special Book of Wishes for Maggie. Each guest selected something they wanted to give Maggie (mine was Common Sense, as an example), and wrote up a little card with an explanation. Jeff took portraits of each of the guests which I will include next to their wish in a special book. In a future post I'll put a few of the portraits of our illustrious guests.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I heard great things about the party! Wish I could have been there, sounds like such fun. What a great idea to write gifts for Maggie -- kind of like the fairies in Sleeping Beauty.

Readersraisinghell said...

What a great idea! It's a challenge for each of us! I often consider - what legacy do I wish to leave my children/ grandchildren, and how am I striving to do that? I'm sure the dinner party was a great success! Andrea and Craig (and little Maggie) are so blessed - to have you as sister/sister-in-law/aunt with your many talents and creative ideas!