Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

Easter is tomorrow, and we have fun, though simple, plans. The easter basket excitement in the morning should be great fun, followed by an easter egg hunt with the eggs we dyed today. In the afternoon we head to Andrea and Craig's for Easter Dinner. Mom and Dad are off on vacation this week, so unfortunately they won't be joining us.

Here is a picture of Julia from a few weeks ago, when she was trying on her Easter dress, given to her by Benne. Lets hope we can get her into it tomorrow! (She is so picky about what she wears!)


Today we had a lovely day outside, enjoying the warm sunshine. We took a morning trip to the nursery to get some flowers. I went with the kids while Jeff stayed home to get some work done. I was so pleased with how well the kids cooperated. As you can imagine, two little ones at the nursery could have been a major challenge, but they did really well. They were great helpers, and helped me get some of the plants into the ground once we got home as well. There is more to do tomorrow. We are planting a cutting garden (I hope... I'm new at this, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing....) I'll post pictures of our progress soon. It's going to be very kid-friendly, with snap peas, sunflowers, sweet peas, and assorted other easy growing bloomers (again, I hope!)

Happy Easter, everybody!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Happy Easter! Have a fun day! Good luck with the garden, I bet the kids will love it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! She's wearing her green Easter dress. It looks adorable on her. What fun they must have had on Easter morning! Wish we could have shared in the fun too. By the way, I saw your 14 day health plan and rules, and tried to leave a message, but it wouldn't transfer. Anyway, it sounds great and I'm sure you can do it -- just break the rules once in awhile! Love, Mom