Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Running progress report

I have been following the Couch to 5k program found on Coolrunning.com, as I've mentioned previously. Aided by the wonderful podcasts by Robert Ullrey, and by Nike+, I've been more motivated and more consistent than ever before. It took me 2 weeks to finish Week 4, due to the holidays, but I think I'm ready to move on now, and have just returned from my first run of Week 5. This week seems to be a big turning point, as we go from 3 five minute runs (with short walks between) in day one, to 2 eight minute runs on day two, to a full 20 minutes of nonstop running by day three of week 5. I'm a bit intimidated, but determined. So far so good on day one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great going -- must feel really good to be so consistent. I'm proud of you! Mom

Jocelyn said...

That's really great! One of my friends just finished the program and runs a few times a week now. Keep going!