Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Packing excitement

Julia and Andrew will be going on a vacation to Benne and Grandpa's house for the night on Saturday. I told them last night and Julia was SO EXCITED she started packing her suitcase. She spent about 20 minutes running all over the house collecting things that she needed for the trip. Everything from her special blankie (which she gave up sleeping with last night because it was already packed and she wanted to keep it packed!) to all of the pants she owns (the drawer is empty now), to her rocking chair, sit'n'spin, 6 dolls and about 20 books. I did tell her it was only for one night... Several times we had to hunt down more and bigger bags to contain all her things. Jeff noted that she takes after me. (sigh...)
Here's another picture which better shows the progress we made over the weekend organizing and decorating our entry. We added the mirror/hooks thing, and the pictures.

Everything is waiting by the door for Benne and Grandpa to come. I don't think she really gets how long it is between now and Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Julia that there is nothing wrong with being preparred. I also start packing a week in advance and consistently over pack. You have a very smart girl on your hands!
Lots of Smiles
Tana

Anonymous said...

I love it! I got a big smile on my face when I saw that picture and heard the description. She is such a delight! Love, Mom