Friday, September 22, 2006

My return to work

This is Wendy hanging out with Julia and Andrew in our den. She's the most wonderful Nanny and we feel soooo lucky to have found her. I returned to work yesterday for the first time since before Andrew was born (I had 5 months off to the day.) It was sad and strange to be working again, but I felt much better about it knowing that Julia and Andrew were home and happy with a wonderful caregiver.

Getting to work was a challenge, however. First, I purchased a new dress to wear on my first day only to realize the night before that I can't wear dresses right now, because they don't allow enough access for pumping. ...Last minute change of clothing strategy... Second, Jeff had an early morning meeting that he forgot to mention until the night before, so suddenly I was faced with solo duty for getting both kids up and going in the morning, along with myself. ...I was running a bit later than planned... And finally, Jeff had not moved the car seats into Wendy's car given his early departure, and she needed to transport the kids. ...Wendy and I ended up switching cars for the day... Despite these challenges, I did make it to work, in Wendy's car, in my alternative outfit, by 8:58, just barely before it becomes unfashionably late. Hopefully it'll go smoother next time!

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Congratulations! You made it! I'm sure it will get easier ... at least you have Wendy!

The kids are adorable. Jocelyn was telling me how much they have grown.

Aunt Cheri

Holman Girls said...

Gotta love the first day back to work. It's tough.