Saturday, September 02, 2006

Having fun around the house

I've been enjoying spending more time with Julia while on maternity leave. I had originally thought I would keep her in daycare on her regular schedule while on leave. The thinking was that I'd need time to recover and get to know Andrew, and that Julia would be better off if her schedule remained relatively stable and unchanged during a time of transition. However, things haven't worked out that way, which has turned out to be a very good thing. To make a very long story short, we've decided to take Julia out of daycare and shift to a nanny strategy for her and Andrew when I return to work later this month. We'd already been gradually shortening Julia's days at daycare because she wasn't adjusting well to the new 2 year old room (for the past month I've been picking her up at noon everyday.) Now we're keeping her home entirely more often than not, as we prepare to transition to a nanny (whom we have yet to hire, yeiks.) But it's been great for me to discover that I can handle both of them, and that I'm enjoying it! It's been such a pleasure to spend more time with Julia and now I only wish I had more time. I'm due to return to the office at the end of the month. I had planned to upload a couple of pictures of Julia engaged in fun activities around the house, but I haven't been able to upload pictures since I switched over to the Blogger Beta. I am hoping they fix the problem soon, or that I learn what I'm doing wrong!

No comments: