Sunday, March 12, 2006

Solo Getaway

This weekend I decided to take a little self-care break and I checked myself into the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay. With the paint smell still in the house, it was a good excuse to leave Jeff and Julia behind for a father-daughter weekend, and do a little 8-month-pregnant-pampering. I arrived at the hotel on Saturday in time for lunch overlooking the water. I had a facial, took a 2 hour nap, and ordered in room service and the latest Harry Potter movie. This morning, I took an early walk and then headed back to my room for some reading by the chair next to the window, which looked out onto this view.

Then, it was off to a liesurely breakfast in town, and some shopping. Just what I needed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you took time out for yourself! Sounds like a perfect pre-baby weekend get-away. Looking forward to a post-baby weekend get-away w/you & the girls in October. All my love, Hartley

Riley said...

That's not a bad view!