Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Celebrating Baby at work

My sweet friend Beth at work organized a shower to celebrate the coming birth of our baby, and the cake she got was just the cutest thing I've ever seen. Here is a picture:



It was so nice to be celebrated by my work friends who have seen me grow bigger and bigger over the past months. Despite my strict guidance of "no gifts" a few people brought gifts anyway. Thanks to my generous friends, Baby Brother now has two blankets (not in pink like the stack I have at home!), three adorable outfits, a hat, and a special brag book photo album.

And I think my favorite gift was for me, not for Baby... A few days ago I had remarked to a friend that I was starting to look like the "before" picture in one of those glamour makeover magazines. She gave me a gift certificate to a nearby day spa/salon, to help me feel more like an "after" picture. So sweet!! What a nice treat today. My work friends don't read this blog, but pretending that they do for a moment, HUGS to you all! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an adorable cake! I just love it. How sweet of your work buddies to pull off such a nice party for you. You deserve it -- especially the Day Spa part!