Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SouleMama blog

I've been busy again, as you can see from my lack of blog posts these past few weeks. I'm blogging today from LA which is my 4th business trip in 3 weeks. I hope to get photos downloaded and some updates posted to the blog this weekend which will be blissfully at-home!

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here in the back room of a focus group research facility, and I'm browsing the web during the duller moments. I've been following a wonderful blog lately that I've just fallen in love with, called SouleMama. I thought you might enjoy it too. I've just ordered her new book, Handmade Home, that is being published this month. Now if only I had more time to actually do some of these wonderful projects!

Be sure to scan the many photos on her blog. She has a wonderful talent for photography, particularly photos that capture everyday moments, simple household objects, and children. I find it particularly interesting that she rarely shows faces in her photos. She focuses more on capturing mood, light, objects, composition. Super cool.

Enjoy!

www.soulemama.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How intriguing. I looked at the blog and it sounds so idyllic. It's nice to read about people who can create the life they really want to live -- it seems sort of old fashioned, but very appealing too.

Anonymous said...

I'd much rather see those two adorable faces! Nana