Thursday, June 25, 2009

First harvest!



I planted 4 tomato plants of different kinds this year in our side yard vegetable patch. The cherry tomato is the only one that has really taken off, and it really took off. It's almost taller than me already! Yesterday I noticed a little glimpse of red peeking out from a branch toward the the bottom and lo-and-behold, my first ripe tomatos! (Ever in my life! This is my first experiment with tomato growing.) I ate them straight off the plant and they were sweet like fruit. Delicious! It is so exciting to harvest and eat something you grow yourself!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Readersraisinghell said...

Glad you didn't inherit my "black thumb"!! (My kids used to call my flower beds my "death beds"!!) You must be more like your mom - or my dad! And yes, fresh-off-the-vine-tomatoes taste so sweet and wonderful! Enjoy!