Sunday, June 28, 2009

Big Trees, Big Fun

This weekend marked our first family camping trip of the season. We headed to Big Basin with neighbors the Staas family and the McCormick clan. Here we all are (except Andrea and Maggie, behind the camera) posing on one of the many huge logs along the Redwood Trail loop. Best moments for me: the hike of the Redwood Trail; Pizza baked on the open fire pit; late night game of Bang; watching the kids invent creative outdoorsy games; catching up with my sis. Camping is a lot of work, but it's always worth it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous shot! Hope you got Andrea and Maggie in another good picture of everyone. What a wonderful weekend you had! Camping is a lot of work and it takes a LOT of stuff -- I remember. You are building memories, so it's all worth it. Love Mom

Readersraisinghell said...

Sounds like great good fun! This weekend (well, MY weekend, actually THursday and Friday) I am taking Erin and Ron and their kids, and Teresa's kids, to the Wild Animal Park sleep-over again... It's always a good time (and, because I'm old, I book the "premium" tents that come with wood floor, king sized bed, electricity, and a refrigerator! I figure I've already had my sleep-on-the-ground days! The kids get sleeping mats, but I get a mattress!) This will be the Laffittes first time - and the Fourticq's third, but they're eager to do it again! We sleep next to the elephant enclosure - and eat near the giraffes! Such fun!