Saturday, June 28, 2008

Running again

Some say that it you make a commitment public that you are more likely to keep it. So, here I state that I have started running again, after a several month hiatus. Today was my third morning successfully completing an early morning outing, so I think it is respectable enough now to really say I've started running again.

My goal is three mornings a week at a minimum. Please feel free to check with me and ask me how the running is going. Knowing people are expecting me to be able to answer that question helps. Funny how we can play games with our minds.

I've been running with my iPod, but this time with my own music instead of the "Couch to 5k" podcast I was using last time. But I find I really prefer the high energy, strong beat songs, like Pump It by the Black Eyed Peas. Unfortunately, though, that's the only song of that genre I have on my nearly empty iPod. I listened to it 4 times in a row this morning. Really! So clearly I'm looking for more good running songs, with that same kind of energy. Any suggestions?

As an aside, I've got to say that I have mixed feelings about my iPod. I love the idea of it, and I love the ease of use, the whole system. But I confess it feels like just one more thing to manage and keep up to date. I already try to keep up with blogging, keep up with my favorite couple of shows on Tivo (So you think you can dance and Battlestar Galactica!), keep up with the kids, keep up with my photo albums, keep up with work, keep up with thank you notes, birthday gifts, doctor's appointments, book club reading, and the list goes on and on. There is so much! I wish I could just magically have the darn iPod filled with great music that I didn't have to take the trouble to find. I just don't know music and it seems intimidating to try to find music I like. I know that sounds silly. When I hear music I know if I like it or not, but I can't for the life of me ever remember the name of the song or the artist, so once the song it gone, it's gone... little chance it'll find it's way to my iPod. So, anyway, iPod management suggestions are also welcome!

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for starting up your running program. The list of your activities is daunting, but also exciting too. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself some treats now and then.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.