Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First day of Preschool a success!

Julia's first day of preschool was today, and I am happy to report she did great! I can't say as much for myself, although thankfully I held it together until reaching my car where I sniffled and sobbed all the way to the office. I did not anticipate having any trouble dropping her off, but let me tell you it was hard. Much harder than I expected. It's a really big milestone. When I first started this blog, she was still practically a baby. One of the very first pictures I posted is of my Mother's Group, showing several of us with our babies. (Click here to see it.) The group is still together, and Julia is very lucky to be in the same preschool class as her friend Jackson, who is sitting right next to Julia in this picture (the blond boy to the right.) We've all come a long way. Jeff took a picture of Julia this morning, lunchbox in hand, but I haven't downloaded it yet. That will come next. Meanwhile, I just had to report out on the first day. She LOVED it, and can't wait to return on Thursday.

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

It really is quite a milestone, and how wonderful that Julia loves it!

Anonymous said...

The bitter and thjavascript:void(0)
Publish Your Commente sweet. Dad/Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I'll try again----parenting is bitter and sweet but mostly tender. Dad/Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I well remember the first day of your pre-school. I missed you sooooooo much! Luckily, Andrea was still in the car so I shakily talked to her the whole way home. I totally understand how you felt. Love, Mom