Thursday, June 28, 2007

WOW! I-Spy quilt keepsake from Cheri

We received a very mysterious box in the mail from Aunt Cheri today, which contained, we were thrilled and excited to discover, a gorgeous I-Spy quilt! WOW WOW WOW! It is spectacular! Look at this!

Julia would hardly let me look at it, she was so excited ("I want to put it on my bed!" Give it to me!")

As the very cute accompanying letter explained, the quilt is full of activities and entertainment. You can play a number of hunt-and-find games with the quilt, or build creative stories out of pictures found on the quilt. Look how every fabric is unique and features a different picture.


Or you can flip it over and talk about the map on the other side. (Where did you find this very-cool idea for the back?!)

Being an occasional quilter myself, I can quite clearly see that this quilt was painstakingly crafted with hours and hours of detailed work and love. Each fabric is darling, and so carefully cut to showcase the featured picture. Look at this detail:

What a fun, beautiful, entertaining and personal gift. Thank you so much to Cheri for this treasure!

1 comment:

jovaliquilts said...

I'm so glad you like it!!!! Big hugs to Julia and Andrew. Next time I visit, I want Julia to play a quilt game with me!
Cheri