Sunday, April 29, 2007

Nursing no more

I'm feeling sad, nostalgic, content, and free all at the same time, as I report this week that I have officially weaned. Yesterday morning was the last time. I made it to just past 11 months, a few weeks shy of my goal of 1 year. Nevertheless, a huge accomplishment. Jeff took this picture of me nursing on May 26, 2006 (Andrew was a week old.) I didn't post it back then, but today it seems like the right time as I commemorate the passing of this special time. I loved nursing, frustrating and constraining though it could certainly be at times. I will miss those quiet moments. I'm sad, but in a sweet, satisfied way. I hope that makes sense. Here is the picture:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurel - Your post made me tearful. I too am nursing and enjoy my moments with Woody. I am hoping to nurse for a year - I am at 5 months. I can only imagine how emotional it is to ween. However, it seems to be an exciting time too - on to the next stage.
Lots of Smiles
Tana
Kim and Brad's sister-in-law

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurel,

I was so touched by your feelings, so beautifully expressed about the end of nursing. The words and picture are so poignant; truly a mixture of feelings. I love all the pictures; it's so much fun to see so many of your special moments. Love, Mom